Become an Ordained Minister

These are stories about why people became ministers with the Universal Life Church. They tell about what motivated them and about what they've done with their ministries.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Religious Philosophy

Religious philosophy Summary of Course


   Dr Patricia Wormeck THD, ND


  I do believe after taking this course, that I have found my spiritual place in the world.
  After completing my Doctorate in Theology, I came to realization that I cannot be a part
  Of any organized religion.  This course helped me define my position in the world of
  religion.

     Immediately in the course the definition for religious philosophy was a study in non bias,
  or non personal agendas or opinions.  Most written material, books, courses, etc. have
  agendas that the author wishes to express.  I might include possible include the books
  of the bible, but that would be my opinion.  The point of the course is that we do not
  want to study in that way.   Studying facts and points of view of various religions is     
  acceptable.  The basis for the whys and wherefores of religion organizations and why
  people need religion is discussed, as definitions of words such as precepts and concepts.
     I was very interested in the discussion of the makeup of the brain that determines
  whether a person has spiritual tendencies or not.  Apparently the more serotonin
   receptors a person has, the less spiritual they tend to be.  The serotonin seems to 
  given them comfort.  With this definition, I must have fewer receptors and therefore
  need the comfort of spirituality.

    The above definition is not the only reason for spirituality.  Maybe God has programed
  us to be spiritual to refine ourselves for out afterlives, and maybe not.  The love of ideas
  and what men think can also be motivators.

       I loved this course, and it has opened a few field for me.   Thanks so much.

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar



No comments: