Become an Ordained Minister

These are stories about why people became ministers with the Universal Life Church. They tell about what motivated them and about what they've done with their ministries.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Why I became ordained

All my life I've been a very spiritual person, and also somewhat of a psychic. Of course that is not acceptable in any monotheistic religions that I've come across. And I found the contradictions of the bible, an angry vengeful god in the old testament, versus a gentle loving god in the new testament, something I could not put my faith in.


As I grew older and studied more I learned that, through my own ancestry, there were a class of Priests long before Christianity came to northern Europe. That was when I learned about Druidry. I joined an organization based in England called OBOD, or the Order of Bards, Oviates, and Druids. I took their correspondence course and was completely amazed at how this ancient spirituality, the worship of nature and the duality of the universe, felt so right in my heart and mind. Because I live in the US, belonging to this organization doesn't give me any rights as a priest or minister. When I found your organization I had found what I was looking for, a way to be legally ordained under my own belief system.


I now have a small ministry where I teach the ways of my ancient ancestors. I have also learned, by tracing of the family tree, that it is very likely I am descendant of real Druids. My maiden name, Cady, means House of God in Gaelic.


I have also taken some of the ULC courses, which have contributed to my understanding of all spirituality. I am very grateful that I found ULC. 


**********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with theUniversal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: