Become an Ordained Minister

These are stories about why people became ministers with the Universal Life Church. They tell about what motivated them and about what they've done with their ministries.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Wicca

On the Wheel

After 17 years as a practicing Wiccan, it might seem strange to suddenly decide to take a class about my chosen path. It's a time of great change in my life. My children are both adults, my parents are beginning to have serious health problems, and my work is threatened by our country's economic crisis.  On my next birthday, I will be 40.

As a Wiccan, I understand the cycles of our lives are part of the same cycle that turns the Wheel of the Year. As each season brings forth both blessings and challenges, it is also true for each new phase of our lives. I knew this year would be hard for me, for so many reasons. So, I began to search for ways to support the Wiccan part of myself.

The class I have taken at Universal Life Church has helped me move closer to a deeper understanding of my path, and myself. Taking this class has helped me move a little further out of the broom closet at work. I'm feeling more comfortable in my own skin while in the work environment and I have better tools to help my family and others with their needs.
I plan to move forward as before. I will walk the path I have chosen, but it always helps to hear a new perspective. This class has helped to open me again to the idea of connecting with the Pagan and Wiccan communities. I've joined several online sites, and I'm keeping my eyes open for opportunities in my daily life.

As a Wiccan, I am well acquainted with the concept of connections. We are all connected to each other. What action one takes, or does not take has an impact on others. When any person gains knowledge, it is likely to impact those closest to that person. When a spiritual person gains knowledge, it is likely that a larger part of the world may benefit. My class from Universal Life Church will support me on a path that will help others, and that is the blessing that I take away with me.

Rev. Melissa Hayes

*******************************
 
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: